Thats a great quote that is very relevant to planning your team building event in Wellington. But how do you go about getting your team to achieve that ?
How are you going to get your team to over perform rather than under perform ?
Good team building is what helps to shape the teams that end up being greater than the sum of their parts.
First you probably have to look at why you are putting together a team building event in the first place. Most businesses realise the benefits of having their workforce working together as a team. That might not be as straightforward as it seems.
Your employees will all have been recruited as individuals with relevant qualifications and skills that should make them useful additions to your team. That doesn’t necessarily guarantee that they will all be great team players.
You just have to look at any great sporting teams. The most successful teams arent necessarily the teams that are loaded with all the best players.
So how do you go about creating a winning team?
Many of your team can be great at their individual jobs without having to connect too much with other members of your team. That often means that they dont appreciate the value the work of other members of the team. They can very easily end up being very good at their jobs without seeing the bigger picture of what you are trying to achieve as an organisation.
The first thing that we are going to do is take your team out of their office or workplace and put them into unfamiliar territory. We will split them into teams and give each team a task to perform that none of them have ever done before.
No previous knowledge will help them. Everything they need will be in their room. Google won’t help them nor will a zillion masters degrees in astro physics, chemistry or advanced computer engineering.
Common sense, logic and the ability to think outside of the box are all that are the most useful qualities in our team building activities.
What will help them will be good communication, good observational skills and great team work.
The task will be fun, challenging and involve them working as a team to achieve their goal.
Success will only be achvieved by completing a whole series of mini challenges . One thing that we are sure of is that no one individual will solve everything by themselves. The end goal will involve team work and without completing every link in the chain of events, the team will fail.
That means that every link in the chain is equally important. You can be sure that at the end of the escape game, everyone will have contributed something that was critical to the teams success.
The key lesson learned from a great team building event can often be that everything hinged everyone noticing some very small details. When everyone goes out realising that every contribution, no matter how small , led to the eventual success of the team , then that’s been a good day out of the office.
1. Escape games are genuinely FUN . The key word here is game. Team GAMES make great team building activities. Our escape games are little adventures that have been tried and tested over many years and the most common word in our reviews is fun..
2. Our Escape rooms are AFFORDABLE. Think 25/30 dollars per person depending on the size of your group.
3. We can accommodate up to 21 people per session. So good for SMALL or LARGE GROUPS.
4. LOCATION , LOCATION, LOCATION. We are located in Wellington CBD, on corner of Tory Street and Vivien Street. Close to both Courtenay and Cuba.. perfect for team building events in Wellington!
1. We have run escape rooms in the UK for the last 7 years in Edinburgh and Belfast. We were one of the first escape room companies to open up in the UK and we have received over 850 “5 star” reviews between our 2 different venues on Tripadvisor.
You can be sure that , because we have plenty of experience , we realise how important it is to you to have successful team building Wellington days .
Although we are new to Wellington, we are extremely experienced at team building events, so you can count on us to get it just right.
2. All of our games have at least 2 duplicates so teams can go “head to head”.
Our “TEAM CHALLENGES” are legendary. This can add a bit of spice to any team building event. It also gives opposing teams plenty to chat about before and after the event. That can be as much a part of a team building experience as the event itself.
3. Team Building events are easy to book at Escape Rooms Wellington.. We make it easy for you to book with us so we can simply pencil your group in without a deposit. You can confirm your numbers approximately 2 weeks in advance and pay in full around about a week before.
We realise that when you are organising things , it can be hard to get exact numbers in advance, so you will find us flexible and easy to work with.
4. The most common adjective in our Tripadvisor and Google reviews is the word “FUN”. We aim to make sure that your group has an enjoyable and memorable experience, so we promise to make your team building event fun and inclusive for everyone, whether they be 16 or 66..
SO IT IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD GET THE WHOLE TEAM TALKING TO EACH OTHER WELL BEFORE THE EVENT.